Wednesday, June 1, 2011

High-King - Shall We Love? 1080p, 720p, 480p

So the H!P Winter Blu-ray ISO is finally done (A-gana anyway) and here's a preview of what's to come.

  
I know that there are various torrents up already of some of the concert, but I will still be doing encodes. At the very least, it will be great to not have to keep two 40 GB files forever.

As usual with a big project like this, I did some testing. Here are the results: the awesomeness that is High-King singing Shall We Love?

The 1080p version looks the best, but also requires a pretty good PC and/or monitor. 720p is inbetween and only requires a modest PC. 480p is for those with ancient PCs or something

The above screenshot is from the 1080p version (click for full-size), here is the same scene in 720p and 480p (again, click for full-size):


4 comments:

  1. Yeah options! Hehe, Yuuka in 1930's boy shorts.

    *pout* My laptop isn't ancient, it's only 5 years old. Besides, the software I use to make DVDs (ConvertXtoDVD 4, the version with 2-pass encoding 0_^ ) forcibly converts videos down to the standard 720 width with 30fps on its highest default before burning. And I've never gotten into the Blu-Ray/High-Def craze so my TV is still a huge 64" 4:3 box and my DVD player is a cheap standard. I hope to get all the concerts I have on DVD so it's kind of silly to snatch up something over double the size (MB & width) of what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I've never seen a SD TV that large. That's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of my main reasons for not getting a widescreen TV. The sizes are unimpressive and I find them overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Podrias subir el crazy about you de shin minimoni que lo he buscado como loca

    ReplyDelete