Sunday, May 22, 2011

Morning Musume on J-MELO May 22, 2011 (subbed)

Morning Musume members Niigaki Risa and Mitsui Aika made a short appearance on the NHK World TV show J-MELO (complete with English subs) a couple of minutes ago.


They listened to a few foreign J-pop fans sing in Japanese and then they gave their thoughts on the performance.

The last fan that they watched looks really familiar.


Could that be H!O's Chobineko? The dozens of C-ute posters lead me to say yes. 



Overall the show was pretty good. Renowned gaijin talent Dave Spector co-hosted with May-J and they read fan mail as well as played music videos that were requested.

For the talk segment, they invited a band named FLiP and showed a PV of theirs. Before this show I had never heard of FLiP, but I have a thing for female J-rock bands that play instruments (SCANDAL and Stereopony are pretty good). Plus the song that they played sounded decent enough. I'll have to check out their music later.

Near the end of the show they had one of my favorite J-rock bands on - the GazettE and showed their new PV. Once again it was pretty cool.

And I once again thank Hidders for telling me about this. I don't know what I'd do without you

4 comments:

  1. Crap, I missed it. Oh well, thanks for the download~

    ReplyDelete
  2. o_____o.....AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Oddly enough the only segments my recording didn't lag in was the Momusu and The GazzetE ones.

    Kana's song was disappointing. The explaination sounded great but I wasn't drawn into the song at all.

    For FLiP, I really liked what I was hearing.

    Maximum the Hormone made me go all fangirly. Makes me want to lock myself in my room and head bang. Grr~ah!

    I was in a happy spazzy tizzy when The GazettE came on. They are one of the first bands I listened to when I got into J-Rock (sick-sick perverted J-Rock). It was quite a while before I became a big H!P fan. (Girugämesh and Kagrra shout out!) You ever look at the translations of their songs? One of my favorites, "Sugar Pain", is about incest and boy did that throw me for a loop when I found out.

    Hehe, The GazettE would eat the H!P bunnies if they ever were to meet.
    ... O_O ...
    Dear God, don't let them meet! Ever!
    Gotta keep the fluffies safe.

    ReplyDelete