Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blu-ray PV collection DVDs announced

A few days ago, it was revealed that every main group in Hello! Project (and Mano Erina) will be getting a Blu-ray DVD containing all of their PVs to date.




The bad news is that not all of the PVs will be in HD, but that's unavoidable because not all PVs were shot in HD and in Morning Musume's case, their early singles predate HD's (mainstream) arrival.

According to CDJapan, the following PVs will be in HD:

Morning Musume: From single 42 (Onna ga Medatte Naze Ikenai) until current (Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo! / Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai)

Berryz Koubou: No info yet (probably will start with Otakebi Boy WAO)

C-ute: From track 14 (Indies singles are counted so starting with Shouchuu Omimai Moshiagemasu) until current (Sekai ichi HAPPY na onna no ko)

Mano Erina: From track 7 (Onegai Dakara) until current (My days for you)

S/mileage: From track 9 (Koi ni Booing Buu!) until current (Tachiagaaru)

Again, every PV collection will have all of the groups' PVs, but just the ones above will be in HD. The rest will be in standard definition.

The other awesome thing about this is the price - the most expensive is Morning Musume's (4762yen or about $55) and the cheapest ones are S/mileage's and Manoeri's (3333 yen or about $40). Those are pretty awesome deals to not only own all of the PVs, but to also see most of them in never-before-seen HD quality. I'll have to get at least one (looking at you Berryz).

If you want to buy them:

Morning Musume

Berryz Koubou

C-ute

Mano Erina

S/mileage

They will be released on December 21st.

10 comments:

  1. I want C-ute's but I have not money! XD 12, Smart left without money! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, the Berryz one is not on Yesasia, buut all of the others are. That's strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me these aren't region locked! Dx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blu-ray DVDs have different regions than normal DVDs. The US and Japan are in the same blu-ray region. The rest of the world are in different regions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, they're so CHEAP! And I didn't know about the Blu-ray regions, so THANK THE LORD I CAN PLAY THEM! :D Too bad there's no Buono! blu-ray. :( If I were to get them, I would get either ˚C-ute or Berryz. I probably won't get them anyway, because of the fact that I never have enough money to buy ANYTHING!!! (I need a job...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah. I don't think I'll be able to buy it. T__T
    I'll go broke and I'm forever in debt with my mom LOL. I'm already gonna get MoMusu's 12th album, along with some NND stuff. D:

    I hope it won't run out or anything like that, though I don't think they'll run out. Haha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really? Blu-ray are the same? I've been wondering how you have been getting stuff! I saw a different region map, but i definitely trust you. If this is the case... then I will be saving up for the PV blu-ray for Morning musume! What kind of blu-ray player do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^ Yeah, here is a handy chart from Wikipedia.

    I use my PS3 for watching on my TV but I also have a blu-ray burner in my PC for when I make blu-ray encodes.

    ReplyDelete