Friday, March 11, 2011

Massive earthquake, tsunami hits Japan

So I awoke this morning checking my email and my RSS feeds like normal when two particular items gave me a scare. This blog and the H!O twitter both report that an earthquake of historic magnitude hit Japan earlier.

I read the Japan Times, an online English newspaper about Japan and they report that it was an 8.8 on the Richter scale, which is almost as high as the scale goes. It is the hardest earthquake to hit Japan, well, ever. But thankfully the death toll isn't record numbers.

It did hit around Tokyo, but all H!P members and staff are okay (though they are canceling all events for a while).

Still, an 8.8 is no joke (according to here, it is tied for the 5th worst earthquake in the world since 1900), so if you are religious in any way, Japan could use your prayers.

EDIT: If you want to help, you can donate $10 to the Red Cross to support their rescue efforts.

9 comments:

  1. http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/ NHK World - English

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sadd. I wonder what all the H!P girls were thinking when the earthquake hit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reina & Sayu have blogged afterwards. They expressed everyone is ok & it happened during a rehersal. H!O posted that Tsunku-san posted that all members & staff are ok as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five Ways You Can Help Earthquake and Tsunami Victims in Japan http://goo.gl/lqgK4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link, Cyane.

    Many people I talked to today say they are glad they aren't in Japan, but I wish I were there to volunteer myself to help. I donated money to the Red Cross since its about all I can do from here. I urge anyone who has the money to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NHK総合・東京 ミラー on USTREAM: . http://goo.gl/fL543

    NHK live broadcast

    Same here. Donated money & wish I could be there in person to help anyway I can. Even if it's clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.jibtv.com/program/?page=0 NHK World english broadcast via Jibtv - credit to TokyoConney

    ReplyDelete
  8. ne?? minna-san..I s BUONO! members alright??? ne??
    It's confirmed right?? (~worried *_* ~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, all H!P members and staff are fine.

    ReplyDelete