Sunday, December 12, 2010

The status of jedimastertrunks5

Last night UFA finally caught wind of my Youtube channel (or at least a couple of my videos) and removed about 12 of them. Thankfully I was able to save my account because I literally saw the videos removed before my eyes.

At around 1:52 AM, my power went out briefly (wintery storms ftw) and when it came back on at about 1:57 AM, I noticed that Youtube sent me a couple of emails saying they removed some of my videos. As I visited Youtube to see what was happening, I was greeted with this message:



I then quickly went to check my videos when I noticed another new email from Youtube. UFA wasn't done removing my videos.

So, as a kind of knee-jerk reaction, I deleted them all to save the jedimastertrunks5 account. I could have left the videos that I uploaded as unlisted, but I didn't have the time since UFA was removing videos virtually every minute.

Thankfully my account "only" has one strike. The 12 or so videos all fall under Youtube's first warning. I still have two strikes to work with, so my account should be safe for a little while longer.

I don't know if I'll be able to reach my goal of 2000 subscribers with this account, but my original decision (that jedimastertrunks5 will be my last uploading account) still stands.

As for the present, I have decided to go on hiatus until 2011. I was already a bit behind on some of the new releases and it's been a while since I've truly had a break, anyway.

At the start of the new year, I'll re-evaluate my channel and decide on a new course of action. Until then, it's blogging time!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday: From your friends at UFA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before UFA didn´t delete nothing (not UFA but japanese´s TV and others...)...i wonder why are they doing it now O.o.

    I got my 1st strike 1 day ago too with some itunes´s songs lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 more strikes and your in my world of ex-uploaders lol.

    You really do need that break though, I've seen you've been uploading like crazy and I'm surprised to see your account still standing Chris.....or maybe it's cause you put most of your videos on private?

    ReplyDelete