Saturday, December 18, 2010

Best of 2010: Albums

Well, it's the end of the year so I'm going to look back on nearly everything H!P released in 2010 and rank them. I will re-listen to every song and re-watch every concert and PV to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

Since there are no more albums releasing this year, I'll start with them.

Top 5 Album Songs

I tried to pick songs from a variety of albums, but a few of the albums had a bunch of really awesome songs so that didn't work out too well.

5.  Grand Demo Rouka Demo Medatsu Kimi (from Berryz Koubou's 6th Otakebi album)



I would not have predicted this when the album first released. I didn't really like any of the songs on it. But slowly and surely, this Yurina/Maasa duet grew on me. Oddly enough, it's the two of them that make the song and not the other way around. If, say Momoko and Miyabi were singing it, I don't think it would have the same impact despite those two being better singers.

4. Aa Koi (from C-ute's Shocking 5 album)



This song is nothing short of amazing. Again this was a song that I didn't really like after hearing it for the first time (surprised?), but now it's one of my favorite C-ute songs. Airi really owns this live (see above). It's songs and performances like this that make me into the Airi fan that I am today.

3. Kataomoi (from Buono!'s We Are Buono! album)



I almost forgot this album was released this year. It seems like forever since Buono! has released new songs. Not only is this one of my favorite album songs of 2010, it's one of my favorite songs period. It is #6 on my iTunes most played song list. It takes a very special song for me to listen to over and over again without tiring, and Kataomoi is exactly that type of song.


2. Namidacchi (from Morning Musume's 10 MY ME album)



And here we have a third song that I didn't like at first. Actually this was the only song from Morning Musume's 10th album that I didn't like. Ironically enough it's now the one that I like the most. You will almost definitely see the performance above in my favorite performances of 2010. It gave new life to the song after I had played it to death on my iPod.

1. Independent Girl ~ Dokuritsu Joshi de Aru Tame ni (from Buono!'s We Are Buono! album)



I don't have much to say about this besides the fact that I absolutely love this song. It's my #1 most played song on iTunes of all time with no competitor in sight. This is Buono! at their best. I'm so glad we will get more Buono! songs in 2011. Hopefully they will be as epic as this one is.

And that's it for this post. When I finish ranking my top 5 songs, performances and PVs, I will make one more post where I reveal my overall #1 album, single, performance, and PV of 2010.

3 comments: