Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow days are awesome

It's been a while since I posted about my personal life, eh?

For the past couple of days I've been sick in bed, but I've actually been pretty happy (except for the Aichan announcement of course). It's because my college (along with pretty much all of mid to north Georgia) has been shut down since Monday. The 10th was supposed to be the start of the Spring semester, but I just got news from school that they will be closed again tomorrow.

A pretty significant snow storm hit the southeast Sunday and most of Georgia is still feeling the effects.

My backyard, as seen through a window (hey, I told you I'm sick. I'm not going out there~)
I'm sure people from the north are chuckling because it doesn't look like much. And honestly it isn't, but the roads are incredibly icy and considering the fact that it snows here like once every five years (and even then, it's always super tiny snowflakes that never stick to the ground), Georgia really isn't equipped to handle a storm of this caliber (news said it's like the worst storm the state has seen in like the past two decades). My dad just came back from the grocery store and scored the last two loaves of bread lol.


Needless to say, I'd much rather be fully healthy so that I can actually enjoy this unexpected time off, but hey, I'll take being sick and having school closed than being sick and at school. Snow days are awesome.

6 comments:

  1. *From the North Laughs* hehe we got 3 inches here But it's probably not as Icy as down south But it's so cold ere Brrrr -_-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I´ve never seen the snow lol

    (yeah, it snows in Spain too but not where i live......lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. snowing in here is more than that~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should see how us Texans handle snow & ice . . . wait for it . . . just the same. A mere one inch will shutdown us down til it melts in 1-2 days. Haha!

    ReplyDelete