Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The biggest CD purchase I've made in three years

A couple of months ago CD Japan had a pretty awesome sale where if you spent more than 5000 yen (can't remember the exact number) at their online store, you got free shipping (in order to celebrate their new shipping method - FedEx International Express).

Now that may not sound like much, but most websites that offer free shipping ships it by the slowest method possible. I'm talking about shipping, that when shipped, takes so long to get to your house you completely forgot you ordered it when it does arrive. This wasn't the case with CD Japan's sale. They allowed you to pick any shipping method you wanted, for free. Naturally, I chose the most expensive (and therefore fastest) method - FedEx International Express.

I've had my quirks with FedEx in the past (I'm more of UPS guy), but this package was delivered in record time. CD Japan shipped it on the 29th and it got to my house around 9 AM today, the 30th. Also keep in mind that this package had to go all the way from Japan to the United States East coast. Talk about fast.

Anyway, onto the CDs

8 awesome singles
I bought mainly new releases so I could finally catch up with the singles I missed out on buying when they released.

Obviously one of those singles isn't Hello! Project, so we'll take a closer look at that one first.

Perfume's VOICE single
I very rarely buy non-H!P CDs these days (being broke 99% of the time contributes to that), but I fell in love with both songs on Perfume's 11th single.


The A-Side (VOICE)


The B-side (575).


Now onto Hello! Project.

S/mileage's Ganbaranakutemo ee nende!!

Manoeri's Genkimono de Ikou!
Risako/Ogawa Mana Anime single
The Oshare My Dream (Ogawa Mana) and Elegant Girl (Sugaya Risako) double A-side single is one of my favorites of the bunch. Originally I loved the Ogawa Mana song more, but recently Elegant Girl has been growing on me.

Also, I am now in love with Ogawa Mana's voice after hearing Oshare My Dream.

Eri, Junjun, and Linlin's last single
If you look closely in the very first picture in this post, you'll notice something on top of Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game.


For buying (pre-ordering?) from CD Japan, I got a small photocard. Awesome.

Kaiten Zushi


The back is awesome. Eri and Linlin especially looks great.

Inside
Finally onto C-ute.

Campus Life
Aitai Lonely Christmas
Inside Aitai

With Campus Life and Aitai Lonely Christmas, I finally have every C-ute single, including their six indies singles. Now all I need is five of their albums to have all of their CDs.

3 comments:

  1. Win. If I knew about this deal I probably would have done it too haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. where you bought massara blue jeans??? I would like to buy it!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought it in an auction on Yahoo! Japan Auctions

    ReplyDelete