Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Momoiro Sparkling gets a weekly #6, has record low first week sales

The results for C-ute's Momoiro Sparkling sales are in and it's not good. They sold 18,172 copies and were the 6th highest selling single for the week.


The sales figure is a new low for C-ute, being slightly lower than Shock's first week. I always hate to see the groups I care about regress, but I at least hope that we don't have anymore songs like Momoiro Sparkling as singles. I think that they do melancholic and/or sexy songs a lot better than they do happy-go-lucky songs (just like Morning Musume).

But, the song isn't solely responsible for the low sales. C-ute and Berryz both does not get nearly enough promotion as they should. The only people who ever know about their singles are wota and any random person who happens to walk into a music store and see the single for sale. That really has to change if UFA wants sales to go up.

As a side note, AKB48 set a new Japanese record by selling 1,344,000 copies of their new single last week. It's the best first week any artist in Japanese history has ever had, so congrats to them.

7 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;_____________________________________;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would buy mine if I would have my money right noe!! ¬¬ but I have to wait 2 weeks more! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a copy, and I actually really like the song. Sadly I'm not someone who sees the value in buying the various editions. UFA really needs to add value to those editions besides alternate PV takes.

    Don't forget though that if you buy the single at their concert on the 4th of June you get a signed poster, so that should bump next weeks sales. That's what managed to bump the sales of Momusu's Maji Desu ka Ska higher than Seishun Collection.

    And respect to AKB48 for setting a new record.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that c-ute should have more sales and get higher selling rates. i got their cd and i loved there new song, i still respect AKB48 but i was more interested in C-ute's song than AKB48's.

    also @tommyyvd, i agree that UFA do need to add more value to the limited editions than just a close up or dance shot version. i do love the dance shot ver. and the limited editions, but i think they need to be more special since they're "LIMITED" editions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the limited CD contents could use a makeover.

    I think the Single Vs are the key. If you're going to have them, then put all of the PVs on there and not spread them around on Limited DVDs.

    If not, then do away with the Single Vs, put that stuff on a limited DVD (so fans don't have to buy limited DVDs plus a separate single V), and offer something unique on another limited CD.

    Single Vs sell about 5000 copies each. If they did away with those, then wota could concentrate on buying only the CDs. It might not sound like much, but those extra 5000 copies would have made Momoiro Sparkling C-ute's highest selling first week in 2 years.

    I think Kikka's debut single was handled perfectly. There was a different b-side on all versions, which made me want to buy all of them because I actually cared about the extras.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UFA really needs to promote their artists better. :/
    It's becoming like Yuya Matsushita to me. The only reason I knew that out of no where he released like 2 new singles is because I decided to look him up on youtube. I missed his single by like a month.
    UFA DON'T BE LIKE THAT OMG.
    See I don't miss their singles because of this blog and Hello!Sayunii <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. sales weren´t good, but oricon´s rank was great ^^

    The "good" thing is that they stay alive without promotion xD so with promotion.....i guess they can sell better

    ReplyDelete