Friday, August 13, 2010

Why my encoding methods are better than yours: a guide to encoding, part one (Introduction)

Whenever I take interest in something, I like to go all out. I must know anything and everything there is to know about the topic at hand and I must become one of the best at it (or at least as close as I possibly can). Encoding is no different.

Now don't get me wrong. I do not claim to be the best encoder ever. No where near. In the real world I'm above average at best. However, over these past three years (and with the above stated personality trait in mind), I have learned many invaluable things that has made me the encoder I am today.

With that out of the way, there is the question of why I'm making this post. Well, in the past couple of weeks I have encoded a dozen different videos for various people, have been asked by at least three people to teach them specific tasks of the encoding process, and in some cases I was asked to teach my encoding methods from scratch. That does not even include the various people who have asked me for help over the past couple of years. So here I am with this multi-part guide on how exactly I encode.

As cocky as the title may sound, I and many others firmly believe that using avisynth is by far the best solution to encoding high quality videos for Windows users. Why? With most other programs you can only do whatever function that specific program was created to do. Avisynth is different in that regard. With the power of scripting, you can carryout just about any function you could possibly want, in order to enhance your video.

Continue reading part two to find out how.

By the way, I would like to warn everyone that this guide is not for those looking for a quick fix. There is a reason why I am writing this in multiple parts - it is going to be a long process and I will be explaining nearly everything I learned in two years of using avisynth. Things can and will get complicated.

1 comments:

  1. lol looks like someone is going to teach us how to encode XD
    yay~

    ReplyDelete