Monday, August 16, 2010

Is Blu-Ray really that big of a deal?

I'm doing a lot more posts about encoding than originally planned, but hey, at least this one is about Hello! Project. Anyway, I'll keep this one short and to the point. Thanks to the random wota that uploaded the Shuffle Date Blu-Ray ISO to the net, I have been able to run a couple of tests to see what looks best on Youtube (will make a couple public soon). For now, here are two images which should help you answer the question presented in the title.

(Click for full size image)


(Click for full size image)

The first picture is from the regular DVD, upscaled to 1080p. The second picture was taken from a LQ test rip I made from the Blu-Ray ISO.

I hope that you can see that the difference in quality is staggering. This is why I always say that just because you resized a video to 720p or 1080p does not mean that it's true HD.

It's time to cross your fingers for more Blu-Ray release in the future.

1 comments:

  1. The standard DVD looks better to me *shrugs*, but then again I'm old & perhaps my eyes deceive me.

    ReplyDelete